Monday, January 2, 2012

Obsession with shoes....

When I was a kid, I was lucky to have one pair of sneakers, one pair of dressier shoes and a pair of boots for the winter.  Andrew has an obsession with shoes.  Everytime a new type of sneaker comes out, he MUST have it.  Nike IDs, Zigs, Jordan's just to name a few.  Most times, we don't indulge in his whims.  That's what birthdays and Christmas are for.  Today, however, during a trip to the Wrentham Outlets, we did indulge.  He was eyeing a pair of Zigs - he had been asking for these for months - and it was a buy one get one 1/2 off sale.  I tried on a pair - so comfy - and decided that these would be nice to add to my pale-in-comparison sneaker collection of one. He was so excited when I told him he may as well get a pair since they would be half off.  He threatened to hug me right in the middle of the store - a little PDA from one who is normally way too cool for that.  Now his sneaker collection is eight strong - add to that his snow boots and work boots and this kid has some happy feet!

No comments: