Friday, February 5, 2010

Blessings

I count my blessings. Everyday. It usually goes something like this.

  • Incredibly fantastic husband. My very best friend, my soul mate, my light house. He supports me, encourages me, completes me.
  • Wonderfully enjoyable boys. So proud of my boys. I love watching them grow into fantastic little men. They bring me so much joy and keep me young.
  • God - I am a believer. It keeps me grounded and gives me hope.
  • A best friend. I can always count on her to be honest with me ( even if sometimes I don't like what she has to say), to be there for me and, most importantly, to accept me.
  • My faithful dog. I never had a dog when I was a kid, Sammi is my first. He loves unconditionally. Such a faithful little guy. He makes me smile.
  • A warm house on a cold winter's day. We bought a "starter home" over 13 years ago and still live there. It's small and cozy. Most times I wish we had more living space but it is our home and I love living here.
  • Employment. In these difficult times, I am so glad I have a job. It's not a glamorous job but it works for me. I have flexiblity so the boys can still be my number one priority. I have a great boss. I like my co-workers. I enjoy going there.
  • Health. Thank God we are all healthy. With tragic illness striking familes and individuals all around us, I am so blessed that I and my family are all in good health.

I try not to take things for granted and I count my blessings everyday.

No comments: